- Thanks go to Laudamus Te for sending in the pre-Lent supplement for the Extraordinary Form of the Mass. This is the same size and more or less the same format as the “Magnificat” for the Ordinary Form of the Mass. The Liturgical Advisor is an FSSP priest. Very cool, that. You can contact Laudamus Te at www.laudamus-te.com. A word to the wise!
- Thanks go to C.J.F. for her gift to the hermitage. Very kind.
- Thanks go to T.P.F. & R.L.F. for their gift to the hermitage.
- Thanks go to G.P.E. & S.M.E. for their gift to the hermitage.
- Thanks go to J.D.-B. for her gift to the hermitage.
- Thanks go to F.K., for her gift to the hermitage.
- Thanks go to C.W., for her gift to the hermitage, along with some Mystic Monk Bold Hermit Blend (gotta love that!)
- Thanks go to Mother L for a homemade fruitcake! Yummy!
- Thanks go to RTG & JAG for their gift to the hermitage.
- In case I haven’t put this up yet on the blog, thanks go to J.W.M. for his gift to the hermitage. Very kind indeed.
- Thanks go to P.M. for her gift to… Laudie-dog… perhaps for milk-bones, she says! I suppose. There was a little incident with Laudie the other day. She had some feathers in her mouth. Poor chicken! But the chicken got away. Laudie doesn’t do this, ever. But this was a special circumstance. Good Laudie! But that’s a story for another post. Yikes!
- Perhaps I already put this up — forgive me for my bad memory (the hermitage has been in quite a state trying to put up a bit of insulation on part of one wall — but, anyway, thanks go to A & C W. for their gift of trail-tested recipes! I’ll have to do something this Spring about putting up an appropriate counter in the hermitage on which to prepare some of these items. For now, my counter is the top of a 5-gallon water bucket next to the stove!
- Thanks go to D.M.K. for her gift of white vestments and an alb to the heritage. She knows how decrepit my other set of white vestments and alb is getting with all the grit and grime of the forest hermitage. But more on that later. Here’s a detail of the vestment:
Thanks go to J.L.K for this gift to this ever so inept hermit, having me enrolled in the Poor Clares’ League of Prayer:
By the way, remember that Dawn Eden supplied the hermitage with two more volumes of her latest book, My Peace I Give You – Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints? Here it is on Amazon (Since no one grabbed those up, I sent those off to the New Hampshire State Prison for Men, where Pornchai is doing great work with this book with the other prisoners. A majority of prisoners have suffered abuse when they were young. So, perhaps the most needy people will get a chance to read this fruit of Dawn’s own tremendous progress in the spiritual life. And… and… if you haven’t read it yet — Where have you been?! — Here’s Dawn’s super-readable Master’s Thesis. Very enjoyable, hilarious in some parts. Here’s that short thesis (*.pdf).
And, just a note on the weather: The arctic blast that swept the country these past days has now been replaced by a warm front, with temps
50 60 degrees warmer from coldest to warmest (not including wind-chill). That spells trouble in the form of torrential rain. Flood warnings have been issued for days, with multiple inches of rain predicted, though when that happens this little area of the mountains usually gets many multiple times the amount predicted. I spent a good bit of yesterday sprucing up the rain-trenches on the path up the mountain, lest the entire mountain be swept away. It will be interesting to see what happens to Holy Souls Mountain road as well. Now watch, we’ll only get some drizzle, which would be mighty fine with me.
May the Lord continue to bless you all abundantly according to the perfect intercession of the Immaculate Conception!