I just now received this email from Father Gordon MacRae:
I did not mean to leave you in the dark about yesterday’s hearing, but I was in the dark myself until a few minutes ago. Without going into too much detail just yet, i can say the following and so can you:
1. We survived the hearing intact. The state prosecutor’s motion to dismiss was not successful YET.
2. The judge is inclined to allow the appeal to go forward for a full hearing, at least in some aspects of it. The tentative date for the next hearing is May 1. This is all I know.
This is one small step for Father Gordon, one HUGE step for due process for all priests.
This is a major, major victory.
There are many who are trembling about this.
Prayers are the order of the day. This may just put on hold some policy decisions all the way to the Holy See.