Here’s a one minute video put together of the changing stories after the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate and CIA Annex in Benghazi:
- Obama, who would have watched the drone video in the Situation Room on September 11, said, the next day, September 12, when asked if this was a terrorist attack:
“It’s too early to know exactly how this came about.”
I guess he was so shocked that there were no flash-mobs in the drone video that he didn’t know what to say. The flash-mob thing was on everyone’s lips. Was this all scripted beforehand, and the playscript wasn’t acted out the way it was planned?
- Susan Rice, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations (sigh) incredibly said on September 16,
“What happened initially is that there was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video.”
“The video.” And she might well be tapped to be Secretary of State?
She said this repeatedly five days after everyone knew it was a terrorist attack. Keep the video in mind.
- Matt Olsen, Director of the National Counterterrorism Center, on September 19, said, when questioned:
“Yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy.”
Well, that was refreshing. But watch what happens an entire day later:
- Obama on September 20, incredibly, said:
“The natural protests that arose because of outrage over the video, were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they could also directly harm U.S. interests.”
Let’s parse that language. According to Obama’s account:
- There is a protest going on which sought to directly harm U.S. interests. For Obama, not only is the outrage natural, but the protest which sought to harm directly U.S. interests is natural.
- In that protest, there were extremists who also sought to harm U.S. interests directly. The actions of the extremists are also natural. He doesn’t call them terrorists, because what they are doing is natural.
- Obama does say that they were using the larger protest that sought to harm U.S. interests directly as a springboard for their more exteme actions to harm U.S. interests, but places those actions — let us repeat — under the same umbrella of “natural”. In other words, Obama is praising this act of terrorism, this direct attack on the U.S.A. in the person of the Ambassador, and three others, including two Navy Seal heroes.
Obama should be impeached, right here, right now.